The Grand Bend area is a natural paradise and a warm and lively community. We are all very fortunate to live here. Giving back to your community through the Grand Bend Community Foundation can be very rewarding. Your donations enable us to make more grants to local charities, supporting projects that build community. Gifts through the Grand Bend Community Foundation become part of a permanent fund that continues to give year after year. Giving to the Grand Bend Community Foundation is a way to make a difference in your community, now and for many years to come.
Here are some reasons to give to GBCF:
- We permanently invest donations, using the income to support all kinds of great community projects.
- We started with $1.5 million in 2000. We now hold $2.4 million. And we’ve granted $1.5 million to local charities!
- Our admin fees are under 2% annually.
- The money stays in Grand Bend and the surrounding communities.
- We understand community needs, and make grants, large and small, where they will have the most impact.
- We work with donors to help them live their values and realize their philanthropic goals.
- We support everything from education and sport to poverty reduction and the environment.
- Your gift is pooled with others to reduce costs and maximize returns.
- We are professional, transparent, and accountable stewards.
- You will be making a difference now and forever, helping us build a stronger, healthier, and more equitable community for all.
South Huron Community Fund
If you live in South Huron, you’ll want to contribute to the South Huron Community Fund, a rapidly growing fund that supports activities and services in Exeter and area. GBCF provides administrative and investment services, to help SHCF grow.
How to Give
The Grand Bend Community Foundation and South Huron Community Fund accept the following gifts:
- Appreciated Securities
- Insurance Policies
- In Memoriam donations
Gifts of Cash
This is an attractive form of gift if you have cash readily available and want to make an immediate donation. The Foundation is able to invest the donation to generate funds to support local charities. You enjoy immediate tax savings. Click on the Donate Now button to the left to donate online through Canada Helps.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
Giving appreciated securities helps you to give the most to the Grand Bend Community Foundation for the least cost. You can donate qualifying securities with appreciated gains to the Foundation and pay no tax on the capital gain.
Gifts of Insurance Policies
You can make a gift of life insurance either by making the Foundation the owner and beneficiary of an existing policy or by purchasing a new policy and making annual premium payments. A gift of life insurance enables you to make a significant gift with little or no impact on your cash flow. The annual premium payments are generally modest and are deductible as charitable gifts.
A bequest in a will may specify a certain sum of money, a particular asset, or a portion of an estate, to be donated to the Grand Bend Community Foundation. You may specify that a bequest be used to establish a new fund in your name, be added to an existing fund, or be added to a fund that the family has established during your lifetime.
In Honour or In Memoriam donations
Making a gift in honour or in memory of special people in your life is a wonderful way to keep their legacy alive.
Any gift to the Foundation is eligible for a charitable tax receipt. Find out how much tax you save with this easy calculator.